file 1968 el Camino Malibu

02 Dec 2018 21:17 - 02 Dec 2018 21:24 #4226 by Ben
Ben replied the topic: 1968 el Camino Malibu

Thanks again Kevin for all your feedback and support.

...photos in previous post...
Last Edit: 02 Dec 2018 21:24 by Ben.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Dec 2018 22:29 #4227 by oestek
oestek replied the topic: 1968 el Camino Malibu

Ben wrote: Installed the American Thunder exhaust package from Flowmaster over the weekend, man a proper car hoist would have made this job a lot easier!

Thanks again Kevin for all your feedback and support.

...photos in previous post...

Looks like it's all coming together. When is the first startup?

Kevin Oeste
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: goo.gl/RIkdDS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2019 01:21 #4254 by Ben
Ben replied the topic: 1968 el Camino Malibu
I can't believe I've just repaired these two front fenders! I didn't even know how to weld 18 months ago. Engine start will hopefully happen soon Kevin, will let you know :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2019 15:15 #4255 by oestek
oestek replied the topic: 1968 el Camino Malibu
Nice work Ben! Thanks for the progress update!

Kevin Oeste
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: goo.gl/RIkdDS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2019 23:18 - 18 Jan 2019 23:27 #4257 by Ben
Ben replied the topic: 1968 el Camino Malibu
Thanks Kevin, she's finally starting to look like an el Camino again!

Last Edit: 18 Jan 2019 23:27 by Ben.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Mar 2019 01:14 - 05 Mar 2019 01:45 #4261 by Ben
Ben replied the topic: 1968 el Camino Malibu
Hey Kevin, I was almost there!

My mechanic who's painting the car and starting the engine asked me to wet sand the panels to 800 grit so more work to do there, he also suggested installing Air Conditioning now if I was ever considering it so down the rabbit hole we go again B)

I went with an underdash setup from Old Air, unfortunately the brackets for the compressor wouldn't line up with one hole in the head and with no other solution apart from drilling/tapping another hole (which I wasn't prepared to do) I made up an adapter plate from some aluminium I sourced from a local supplier. Job done :P

Next was the addition of some thermofans for the radiator as the old flex fan is not ideal and I think they look pretty neat too.

The installation of the condenser was a tight sqeeze but we got her in there and check out that 130 db horn!

So still a fair bit to go with the AirCon installation but I'm really enjoying it which is the main thing. Looking forward to that tea party with the Mad Hatter when this is all done.

Last Edit: 05 Mar 2019 01:45 by Ben.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds