file Supercharged 1969 Camaro ZR9

More
14 Dec 2014 15:01 #128 by oestek
oestek replied the topic: Supercharged 1969 Camaro ZR9
A pair of II Much vapor separators were installed in the trunk, one for the fuel system and the other for the rear axle. These allow the fluid to expand without emitting vapors.



The front bumper was cut into many pieces, narrowed, and molded to fit the nose in much the same way the rear bumper was.









Cardboard templates were made as a guide for custom steel trunk panels.




Kevin Oeste
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: goo.gl/RIkdDS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2014 15:01 #129 by oestek
oestek replied the topic: Supercharged 1969 Camaro ZR9
An Anvil carbon fiber under hood closeout panel was installed, as were Anvil fender support braces.



Ringbrothers billet door sales were test fit for an additional interior detail.





All the body gaps were tightened up in steel for a precise fit. Soon, the crew applied electricity to the car to check function of the lights and all electrical systems.








Kevin Oeste
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: goo.gl/RIkdDS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2014 15:01 #130 by oestek
oestek replied the topic: Supercharged 1969 Camaro ZR9
Later model Camaro mirrors we uplifted with '90s GM power movements and test fitted to the car.  





The controller will live in the center console.



The audio amplifiers were installed in the trunk, with speakers and crossovers hidden throughout the car.    





We got the sneak peek at the color with the Baer calipers powder coated to match the blue exterior color.






Kevin Oeste
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: goo.gl/RIkdDS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2014 15:01 - 14 Dec 2014 15:41 #131 by oestek
oestek replied the topic: Supercharged 1969 Camaro ZR9
Our test assembly was nearly complete, and the car was started and run for the first time. The crew built a complete running and driving vehicle to ensure that no additional holes or fabrication would be required after the car was painted.



We ran the car on the chassis dyno to break in the mechanical parts and to verify the state of the two. After a software glitch that was restricting the throttle, the car eventually made over 620 hp at the rear wheels!






Kevin Oeste
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: goo.gl/RIkdDS
Last Edit: 14 Dec 2014 15:41 by oestek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2014 15:03 #132 by oestek
oestek replied the topic: Supercharged 1969 Camaro ZR9
A custom bracket was made for the Moroso oil separator and mounted by the power steering reservoir.  Note that we changed the steering reservoir to a stock GM style, we have learned that they are much better for preventing air bubbles from the power steering fluid then non baffled reservoirs.



Stainless radiator tubes were made to replace the temporary rubber ones.



Steel guides were made for the emergency brake cables under the car.


Kevin Oeste
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: goo.gl/RIkdDS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2014 15:03 #133 by oestek
oestek replied the topic: Supercharged 1969 Camaro ZR9
After the car had run, The crew began the disassembly process for paint.

The sheet-metal was removed, noting locations of shims and utilizing guide holes to keep proper panel alignment upon reassembly. All the interior elements were removed, and the front subframe and Suspension were removed as an assembly.








Kevin Oeste
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: goo.gl/RIkdDS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum